Saturday, August 3, 2013

Her Favorite Color Is Neon

So I know what you're thinking. 
 You're wondering if this blog is going to eventually become a fashion blog. 
The answer to your question is yes. 
I am constantly asked where I get all my clothes from and I finally caved and decided to make my dumb/silly/pointless blog into a lifestyle and fashion blog! 
I am all about finding the greatest deals and making them look nice, expensive and  most importantly- professional and I want to teach girls how to dress and look like these things on budget.


I am all about keeping it classy but young and fresh at the same time. I love heels and pencils skirts and chunky jewelry and curly blonde locks. I love curves and I love showing mine off, cause you know what- they're real and everyone has them. I've got a donk and boobs and it's just down right realness going on front and back of Sam Cram. Everyone obviously has things they don't like about themselves. I have a few that I might mention on here some day, but for now I decided to work them and own them and prove to girls that you most certainly do NOT have to be a size 2 to be happy. 
I love my life and I am so grateful for every opportunity I have been given in my life. I wouldn't change it for one thing. Life is way too short to worry about the number on the scale or if the cute boy sitting next to you in class thinks you have too many curves to even give you the light of day. I will admit, these such thoughts have crossed my mind a time or two, and I had to take a step back and screw my head back on straight.
Cause dangit. That boy doesn't deserve a chance with you. That right there is a boy. Not a man. He is a poor excuse of a man. It disgust me that some guys are so turned off when a girl isn't their "perfect dream bod" of a girl. Ok, not everyone looks like Megan Fox or Gisele Bundchen. That is not real. That is called genetics and some people are just born with that gift. I for one, do not possess such gift. 
Darnit
Moving on.
Today's look was thrown together in a matter of 5 minutes. 
I kid you not- I was laying on the couch and my mom tells me she was waiting for me out in the car to meet our good friends for dinner and I was wearing sweats with a nasty pony tale on my head leftover from cleaning the church this morning. 
I quickly ran down to my room, let down my hair (oh- what a sight) sprayed some of my favorite dry shampoo in there, and gave it a little brush through and hairspray. I threw on a great new pair of distressed skinny jeans that I picked up from Old Navy yesterday and threw on {my favorite style} blouse and a belt and grabbed some heels hoping they would match as I ran out the door. 
To my surprised they worked and I officially felt like I was crazy for wearing bright neon heels, but I love them- so I totally justified it being okay.
Let me just say- my shoe collection could put Kim Kardashian to shame. Except not at all. But kinda. It's a little ridiculous how many pairs of heels I own. And the only day I get to actually wear them is on Sunday! And we all know there aren't enough sundays in the week to rock every single pair.
And sometimes I feel like I'm being a little too dressy wearing heels with skinny jeans, but sometimes it just makes you feel good. At least that's how I feel when I slip one of my gorgeous stilettos. 
But this is my problem. I am 5' 8 and I always feel like a giant whenever I am around whoever I am around. All. The. Time. I feel like I tower over everyone, but I know it's always me just being insecure. We all are deep down inside.
Plus, wearing heels is the easiest way to give yourself the illusion of looking thinner because your legs look a lot longer than they are from the front and your hips sit back and gives the appearance of skinny-ness. Now- who wouldn't want that? Pick me!
Side note: My girlfriend, Mckenna, and I always joke around with each other about our heel obsession. Whenever there is a party or a get together of some sort with our Momma's we always know that if the other person is going, then we are okay to wear heels because we are both always down for an excuse to dress up and doll ourselves up. Always.

It's a problem actually. Cause I need a man who is AT LEAST 6'3 because I need him to have some inches on me even in my tallest heels at church. He has to. That's one of my most important criteria. Along with a few other that I will for sure post about one of these days. 
So there's my tip for the day. 
Wear your brightest most colorful pair of heels with some distressed skinny jeans and go out on the town with your girlfriends (or in my case my Mom, my good friend, and her Mom)  and feel good about yourself! 
Go get em' tiger. 
Top: Old Navy last season $20 // Jeans: Old Navy (they run really small) // Belt: Forever 21 (super old) // Heels: Fergie via Off Broadway Shoes on sale for $15 

Sometimes my Mom and I pretend like we are models in the car as we wait for the light to turn green.
She tried the sock bun for the first time and might I add- it looks fab.
She's single.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS