Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Sunday!

This past weekend was the Young Single Adult Conference for the Southeast Area.
My neck of the woods.
It was awesome. 

They had a number of activities throughout the weekend including multiple workshops and speakers that came from all around to speak the the singles. 
They also gave dancing lessons and put on a giant dance for all 600 people who came. 
Not my thing, but I went with it. 

I am fortunate enough to live 15 minutes away from the stake center that this conference was being held which is also the stake center that shares a parking lot with the Temple.
Sometimes I take it for granted. Being down the street from the house of the Lord and all.
People use to have drive hours and hours to go to the temple and I see it nearly every day driving by.
Everyone needs improvement, and I need it in the church category and being more grateful for the opportunity I have for being so close to it.
Anyways, moving on.

Today was the last day of the conference. 
We had a regular sacrament meeting, but there was a fireside broadcast given by Sherrie Dew, Brad Wilcox, and David Bednar. It was set up like a socratic seminar. The three of them sat around a table and discussed a number of topics. It was very cool to see them communicate with one another.

All in all, it was a great weekend spent with great friends. 
Love a good little spiritual nugget of a weekend.


The Church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS