Friday, March 11, 2011

FGC Presentation!

Presentation!
And the wait is finally here!
Presentation is basically when we, junior girls, get presented to be "big sisters".
We had to have had 20 hours and 10 credits in order to be presented!
And we all did it!
So, that was a relief!


I hate asking guys to things like this.
Granted it was my first "dance" type event ever, but still- I didn't like it.
I didn't really have anyone I was dying to ask. Most of the girls were taking their boyfriends or a good guy friend. My problem was, i don't have a boyfriend nor do i have any good guy friends that either were available or were already going.
So that kinda sucked.
I had been thinking about asking this guy i had just recently met. His name is Jon. He's super cool, but i felt awkward asking him since i barely knew him.
But, what the heck! What's the worse thing that could happen?
He'd say no?
ok.
I can take that.

So, after exchanging a few texts here and there, and seeing each other...umm...3 times?
I asked him.
("oh gosh, why am i doing this right now" i was thinking to myself)

Gosh, i felt so stalkerish and kinda creepy.
But i was all okay.
After he said yes!
Ha! Ha! Ha!
I don't know why the heck i was kinda freaking out, cause im so glad he came!
We had so much fun together!! Best part of the night was when we went to Sweet CeCe's afterwards and a group of teenage girls come running in and goes,
"DID YOU GUYS JUST GET MARRIED!!!!!!!"
um, no.
It was so so so funny and everyone started dying laughing.




So presentation was a blast!
Of course dressing up in my modest-made dress and getting all glammed up was the best part!
When i get the chance to get all gussied up, i just cant help myself!
I love it!


Some of the Junior girls!
So beautiful!


So the whole reason we do all of this is too help other people in need.
Every year, FGC raises "x" amount of money to put towards a charity of some sort.
This year, we chose Make A Wish Foundation.
We raised over $10,000!!!!
Woah!
A senior girl at my school who is in FGC had leukemia when she was younger and was in Make A Wish Foundation as she was going through treatment!
So we thought that Make A Wish would have been a perfect charity to donate to!

There is a local family in Franklin who's little girl, Patty, is battle a life threatening disease.
All she wanted was to be a princess and visit Disney World.
And we made that wish come true for her that night.
We invited her to come to presentation and showed a sideshow video all about her and her battle. It was a tear jerking moment for sure. After the video was finished, we called her up on stage and presented her with her wish. To go to Disney World.
There was not one dry eye in the crowd.
It was such an amazing moment that i will never forget!


Aw me and Collins.
So cute!



Daddy daughter dance.
Aw.
I love it!



(that was scary)

xoxoilovefgc!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS