Tuesday, January 8, 2013

If You Just Realize

I realized something great today. 
I was talking to a girl in class today about some of her boy drama.
And boy, did she have some serious issues.
She is was distraught over this boy who had just broken up with her.
She kept on saying over and over again that she wasn't happy. 
She pretty much thinks the world is over.
I tried giving her the best advice that I could.
But I lack a whole lot of experience in that department.
I mean. 
Lets be real.
I haven't had my first kiss yet and I am a freshman in college.
But I just wanted to tell her this.
I could not even begin to tell you how many flippin' hours and nights I have spent
worrying about
crying about
thinking about
 boys.
But honestly.
Who. Cares.

Who ever decided that boys are everything?
The only source of a girls honest happiness.
We all want it.
A boy.
There for everything and anything.
There to hold you. Cuddle you. Kiss you.
Take you out.
Drive you around.
Hold your hand.
Carry your bags.
Open the door.
Fix your broken TV.
Tell you your eyes look pretty.
Be your automatic date to parties.
Surprise you with a dozen roses.
Study with.
Go to movies with.
Laugh with.
Tell you your beautiful.
Give you confidence.
Take care of you when you're sick.
Etc.

Why is it that girls feel that it is necessary to worry about all of this stuff?
We can take care of ourselves.

Don't get me wrong. Who wouldn't want all of these things?
Anyone would be lucky to have all of these things.
But it shouldn't necessarily be the deciding factor on whether or not someone is happy or depressed.
Cause I think that what girls base their happiness off of.
And that is ridiculous.

So screw you Taylor Swift for programming into every teenage girls mind that boys are everything.
Cause they're not.

So while everyone out there is listen to her sappy love songs about love. Or the loss of love.
I'll be eating yummy salty chips and salsa with a ice cold diet coke.
Peace.


3 comments:

  1. You've got it right! Can't ever base happiness on a guy! It all happens in good time and it's better to have one winner than to settle and date a ton of losers :)
    It's also wayyy less stress to be dating no one at all than to be with someone who doesn't treat you the way you deserve. Those tears are even sadder than just wondering when someone will come along. Just keep working on the best you and good things will happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you, when you aren't looking for it, THEN they seem to come. Do things that are way fun and don't worry about it and then a great guy will walk into your life. That's what happened with me!

    And even when you have a guy, sometimes all a girl needs is some Diet Coke.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS