Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#singlegirlswag

So I gotta admit.
The only reason I hate Valentines Day is because I'm single.
I'm 99.9999% sure that if you were to ask any girl that is currently in a relationship, they would say that today's holiday is the best one all year.
Yeah, well I beg to differ.

Some people may say that it's "Single Awareness Day", right?

Let me tell you how it goes does at the High.
All the single {high school} ladies get to mop around school while their self esteem level lowers to about 10% after seeing all the cute boyfriends smother their girlfriends with giant teddy bears, millions of un-nameable chocolates, dozens and dozens of roses with unnecessary glass vases, and giant obnoxious balloons attached the their backpack blocking the entire flippin' hallway.
Like, come on people.
We all know it's your day to rub it in other people's faces just how "hunky dory" ya'lls relationship is, but please, keep it to a minimum.
Then I'll stop feeling so bad about myself.

But lets be honest here.
We all wish it was us.
With boyfriends that thoughtful.
and caring.
and...
well.
Scratch that.
Just a boyfriend would be nice.

I am now slowing phasing into my more positive attitude..
right. about.
now.
Well girls like me use today as an excuse to embrace the #singlegirlswag .
You know...
to kinda prove to people that you don't need a man to be happy.
But in reality, you feel like you do cause all you do is think about other people's relationships that aren't even yours to worry about.
Yeah.
That's me.
Always the mediator.
*wink*
I just have to keep telling myself.
I. LOVE. BEING. SINGLE.

I don't know how awesome your mom is (or atleast use to be), but I can assure you that Momma Cram got most of ya'll beat.
I have always had this memory growing up...
Of waking up Valentines Day morning, walking into my bathroom, turning on the light, to find a streamer covered-heart smothered-pink and red girly decorated bathroom.

Yeah it was awesome, and I can promise you that my little girls will be spoiled just as much as I was when I was little.

And will have off the chain valentines day cards.
Like this one.

With the accompaniment of these delicious cupcakes.

So on a lighter note, I leave you with a little bit of sweet-ness.
Enjoy!



{Found this baby on Pinterest! Hope it brightens your day!}


"So today I was in Hallmark buying my mom a Happy Birthday card when I noticed this old man stnding in front of the Valentines card section contemplating which one to get. I decide to go over and I ask him “Are you getting a Valentine’s Day for your wife?” in which he replies 'No my wife died 3 years ago from breast cancer but I still buy her roses and a card and bring them to her grave to prove to her that she was the only one that will ever have my heart' "

xoxosinglegirlswag
Check out my last year's post about Valentines Day here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS