Monday, February 6, 2012

Passion for Design

Interior Design has always been a passion of mine.
I take after my grandma Gussie on this one...
The second I step my foot into places like Pottery Barn, TJ Maxx, or even Goodwill, my creative juices start flowing.
It's kinda obsessive actually.
I am constantly thinking of new ideas for my room, house, and even future home.
Oh gosh.
Let me just say one thing...
My house.
When I grow up.
And have kids of my own.
Is going to be the BOMB.com

Shabby Chic/Vintage/Girly/Cozy/Chill/SOUTHern/Quaint/Fairytale

all wrapped up into one southern white house with a red door and black shutters.
*wink*
So basically my house is going to be Anthro from the dark distressed hardwood floors to the lofted ceiling.
Sweet.
So you know what that means...
$$$
Better start thrifting, and better yet Pinterest-ing!
Which brings me my next point.
Pinterest (if your not human and have heard of it) is this incredible website where people can share creative ideas, awesome photography, and to die for recipes.
It is full of people posting steps of inexpensive ways to "re-create" things that you already have, into works of art!
Oh man,
Once you get going.
You can't stop.
So just a fair warning.
It's extremely obsessive.
Well, I'm not the best with my money
(lets be honest, i like to shop) so I appreciate the genius-ness of some of the things I find on this website.
It reminded me a lot of this book that I was flipping through at a cute corner shop in Savannah, GA.
It's basically a "How To" book showing you step by step instructions on how to create an awesome frame by using old books!
Now, let me just say, I do not own this book.
However, I will.
Because I may or may not have just found it on Amazon for half price!
*wink*

xoxocreativityrunsinmyblood

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS