Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Should Be In The CIA



Lately,
Concert have been my thing.
That being said, my adventure has just begun.
Driving home from mutual one night with Reagan, and i get a call from my mom.
"Hey, look up at the sky. Do you see the spotlights shinning in the clouds?"
me: "Yeah, what are they for?"
mom: " Well i overheard some moms at basketball practice and they said that it was a private, all exclusive, VIP only Rascal Flatts concert at Ingram Farms! You should go check it out!"

Ingram Farm was just around the corner form my house, so i figured- ehh-why not?
Moran road. Pass Alan Jackson's old house up and around the corner, i see the lights,

AND A HUGE LITE UP SEE THROUGH TENT WITH FLASHING LIGHTS INSIDE.

i roll down the window. i hear music. great music. great Rascal Flatts music.
Me being my mischievous self, drive into the driveway of this house.
just kept on driving.
and driving.
and driving some more.

end up going the wrong way on a one way street.
and before i realized it, i parked.
looked up.
and there i was.
less than 5 feet from the tour bus!
we could NOT believe our eyes.
it was so laid back and chill.
no security in sight.
no person in sight.

we get out of my car, acting like we own the place.
(while i'm on the phone with my mom freaking out)
the music is SO loud at this point and i was shaking.
real hard.
i hung up the phone. walk up to the tent. walk right passed the valet guys. and watch the concert from outside. then. (this is the best part)
we LITERALLY. just walk in.
"A confident wave, and a smile can get you anywhere" says my granddad.
the best advice i have ever gotten.
we walk into this exclusive exclusive party.
we look around.
and everyone is wearing black tie attire. tuxedos and cocktail dresses.
and me and Reagan are in....jeans....and a shirt.
we stuck out like a sore thumb.
We shimmy our way to the front of the crowd by the stage and sit there.
starring up at Jo Don of course
literally, 10 feet away from the band.

It was a small set up.
less than 100 people.
a small stage set up just big enough to hold the equipment and members.
it was so low key, but awesome.
we only were in the tent for about 4 songs.
rocking out of course.
as everyone else there is drinking their perfectly assembled margaritas and cocktails.

Ater about 30 minutes the band closes the night.
puts down the microphone.
and walks off stage.
into the crowd.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the heck?
Who does that?
What award winning BAND just, walks into a crowd full of random people.
immediately a line started to form.
and i was right there in that line.
We're in line waiting to talk/meet/greet the lead singer Jay.
and i look over to my right.
on a table full of empty drink glasses.
and underneath one of the cups, i see it.
a V.I.P pass.
just hanging on the side of the table on a lanyard.
i motion over to Reagan to grab it, and of course she a little chicken.
so i look to my right, look to my left. look the other direction as my right hand yanks on the hanging lanyard.
i get a hold of it. and just throw it under my shirt. and pretend like nothing had happened.
i get up to Jay and this lady in front of me is totally getting all of her's signed. i stick my pass up there with hers and get a little autograph from Jay.
no big deal.


This is too good to be true.
at this point, we: snuck into this exclusive VIP only concert on a private farm, got front row and center, got a VIP pass, get it signed, and got a picture.
you think it stops there.
think again.
your wrong.

We make our way over to the oppisite side of the tent.
Jo Don was there talking to people.
We get in line.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
And all of the sudden, i feel this tap on my shoulder.
Hold it. Are we in trouble. Did we get caught?
I turn around.
And its the band set up guy.
And he goes "Hey do you guys want these?"
holding out the DRUMSTICKS to us.
umm..i would be stupid NOT to.
then me, in my kidding voice go
"Well, you know, if you have any more keepsakes for us, then you can just hand them over"
then he reaches into his pocket and pulls out 2 GUITAR PICKS autographed that say
Rascal Flatts on them.
i mean, c'mon.
this is as good as it gets.
think again.
it gets better.
We make our way to Jo Don and seriously, one of the nicest guys ever.

We kid around for a while and reagan told him how we had just gotten these drumsticks and the picks. And he just reaches into his pocket and takes out his very OWN GUITAR PICK.
it was so casual and awesome it was just too good to be true.

then we walk out.
get in our car.
and drive up the road to my house.

thats it.
best night ever.

i owe it all to Momma Cram for such an awesome night!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS