Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Someday List

Lately i have been thinking a lot about what i want to see, do, eat, or create before I die.

I immediately started to think about traveling.
I want to travel the world.

{So bad}

All over.
Every continent.
Every amazing thing out there.
I want to see it with my own eyes.
Take a picture standing next to the longest standing statue or building ever created in history.
Be seen standing next to a standing guard in London, England.
Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
Touch the Great Wall of China.
Feel the breeze of the ocean in Bora Bora.
Toss my Camp Longhorn merit or lucky coin in the Trevey Fountain in Rome.
Sit on the rooftop of an old building in Greece with my husband at my side.
See the scenery of New Zealand's spectacular mountainous horizon.

You name it. I want to do it all.

Then my brain started to take off.

I started asking myself some simple questions like...
What spontaneous things do i want to say that i did when i'm up in Heaven?
What cool adventure will everyone say they wish they did when they were alive?

I started to think about wreck less, extreme measures.

Thought about skydiving- I would chicken out. (hey, at least i'll own up to it)
Thought about swimming with sharks- nope don't mess with ocean animals.
Thought about bungy jumping off a giant bridge- with my luck the rope would break, and would die trying.
Then there was dun bugging in the desert- me and sand do go well together.
Thought about cliff jumping- knowing me i wouldn't jump far enough. - splat!
Thought about motorcycling down a mega hill.- the breaks would go out, OR SOMETHING!
Then i decided i didn't want to do anything that extreme. Well, maybe one or two. :)
but other than that.

That kinda of stuff's not really my forte.

Then the wheels kept turning and turning.

How about some random acts of kindness? Service.

Giving a heartfelt surprise to someone I care deeply about.
Offer my service for a humanitarian cause like working in an orphanage in Peru for 3 weeks (which is gonna be checked off the list summer 2011)
Help someone off the street by giving them food and shelter.
Make an effort to help out a stranger.
Or maybe writing a fat check to a charity or organization anonymously.

Then there were of course to silly. stupid. pointless. careless things i want to do:

Ride in the back of a cop car.
Fly in a hot air balloon.
Sneak out late at night.
Go on a blind date.
Study Abroad.
Live in a different country for at least 6 months.
Fly a kite.
Fly first class.
Go on a planned picnic.
Go star gazing in the back of a pickup truck.
Fall in love.
Go to/throw a fantasy costume party.
Try out for American Idol.
Go skinny dippin'.
Be a member of an audience of a tv show.
Shower in a waterfall.
Send a message in a bottle.
Go to a real rodeo.
Go a major league baseball game.
(even though i hate baseball)
Go completley brunette, again.

These are just a couple of silly things i have thought of.
By the time im 100 years old i will have done all these things.
Plus all the crazy and wild things that are yet to come!

But there is no time to waste.

Gotta go off and check one off the list!


1 comment:

  1. I've ridden in the back of a cop car! It was pretty cramped. They don't give you much leg room.

    Your goals are similar to mine! I love traveling too. And I want to experience a LOT before I die.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS