Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Never, Never Give Up



This past Saturday me and about 20 other girls from FGC woke up at 3:45 am, ready and motivated to raise awareness for breast cancer! For 5 hours we all volunteered out butts off helping Yoplait Yogurt and New Balance sponsor "The Race For The Cure". We had over 9,000 pink topped yogurt cups! For every pink top turned in, Yoplait will donate $.10 each.

After 9,000 given out- thats alot of money.

It was such an fun, yet moving experience. Every women there was just so happy to be alive, and free. It seemed like the happiest place on earth. I don't think I have ever been anywhere were everywhere you look, each person has a smile on their face, whether they're cancer-free or not. Husbands, Children, Grandparents- all there to support there well-loved wives or daughters. It was so amazing to see.

Although we all had minimal hours of sleep and had to wake up before the roosters, I sure am glad I went! It really changed my outlook on life and how we sometimes take it for granted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS