Sunday, August 4, 2013

Red on Red on Red

Happy Sunday from Nashville to wherever you are in the world! 
It it toasty and humid here in the South, but I gotta live it up before I head back out to Utah for school! 
16 Days! Crazy!
Let's talk Sunday outfits.
My all time favorite day of the week. 
Heels. Skirts. Jewels.
all things I just gush over.


Top: UO $12 // Skirt: H&M $20  (similar here) // Belt: Forever 21 $5 (similar and much nicer one here) // Heels: Blush Boutique (similar here) // Watch- Michael Kors $$$ 

Think I have enough red on today?
I bought this cute high neck elbow length tee the other day when I was at Urban Outfitters and I just had to wear it ASAP! 
I love wearing red. It's just one of those colors (next to black) that I think really makes you feel good inside. Well I was feeling extra good this morning while picking out my outfit so I decided to load up on red. 
So, the bubble necklace. The one and only. 
Well, I think the trend has come and is on it's way out and I would normally say to ditch the bubble necklace and move on to another chunky necklace, but my red necklace was left in Utah so I had to borrow Momma Cram's for the day. But normally I would have done another type of chunky gold and black necklace or earrings to tie in with the gold toed shoes. 

This look would also look fab with a high messy pony with big dangly earrings with red lipstick! You need something accentuating the neckline because the neckline on the top is so high, you need something there cause your eye automatically goes to your bare neck without anything around it.

To tie in the shoes I threw on a cheetah skinny belt to add some pattern other than stripes to the look. Don't be afraid to add another kind of pattern to an already patterned outfit. I love mixing polka dots and stripes together and cheetah and hot pink gingham. Don't be afraid to take risks! Life's too short. And if you have confidence in what your wearing, no one will be staring you down at church wondering why  you are wearing a chevron dress with zebra heels.
Rock that zeb-ron. 
(See what I did there?)



Also, on another note:
Naturally I was going to name this post "Love Him Was Red" but then again, my love life is pretty much non existent so that wouldn't have been appropriate. Cause then I would be lying to you, and that- my friends, its not okay.

Hope you had a fabulous Sunday today!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS